- The hotel industry context and hotel structures
- Managing guest service
- Global reservations technologies, including distribution and revenue management
- Individual reservations and group bookings
- Forecasting availability and overbooking
- Room rate structures
- Financial management, inc. guest folios cash and credit
- Housekeeping management, inc. environment & sustainability
- Hotel Technology, safety and security
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Please note: This subject was previously known as HSL216.
The Rooms Division of a hotel/resort enterprise generates the most revenue, and their staff and management have the most interaction with the guests. Therefore the management of the Rooms Division is crucial to the overall profitability and level of guest service that a hotel/resort provides. This degree allows students to learn both management theory and management operational skills that are relevant to the successful operation of the Rooms Division of a hotel/resort.
- Case Study — Case Analysis (40%)
- Project (40%)
- Quiz — Online Quiz (20%)