- Introduction to retail marketing
- Retail corporate branding
- Retail Merchandise Selection and Management
- Retail store design
- Retail location
- Retail promotion
- Retail selling and customer service
- Retail marketing - Further Applications
- Strategy, operations and innovation
- Sustainable retail marketing
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject examines retail marketing in the context of the dynamic changes occurring in all parts of the supply chain (distribution), and in the broader social, politico-legal and economic environment. Retail marketing theory emphasises attracting customers to a diversity of retail outlets and forms, and the elements of the retail mix which particularly facilitate informed consumer choice.
The subject provides a strong foundation in specific aspects of retail marketing including achieving customer loyalty, visual merchandising and other aspects of store design, price promotions, and merchandise assortment.
- Online Quiz (20%)
- Group Assessment Task (40%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
Textbook information is pending.