Media Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Jul 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
After successfully completing this course you should be able to:
- Explain the value of innovation and entrepreneurship to the contemporary media landscape.
- Demonstrate competency in producing, distributing and curating media products on mobile devices to a professional standard.
- Identify an innovative solution to a real-world problem, using a media-based intervention.
- Create a promotional video for a media-based innovation using communication skills. Critically evaluate a media-based innovation to a real-world problem, including a consideration of the ethical application.
- Media innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset
- Mobile communication
- Social innovation media
- Media innovation
- Social Innovation theory, policy and ethics
- Lessons from the Field
- Measuring Outcomes
- Business models
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
LHS258 meets the challenges of the changing media landscape where innovation and entrepreneurship are crucial to the way in which careers are built. Students engage with mobile communication technologies to work effectively within newsrooms, agencies, and other communication spaces.
This course is equivalent to 2508LHS Media Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Pitch (30%)
- Promotional video (30%)
- Exegesis (40%)
Current study term: 16 Jul 23 to 13 Oct 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.