- Media audiences
- Historical perspectives and paradigm shifts
- Case studies in audience research
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
It is highly recommended that students have completed Level 1 and 2 Communication and/or Media Studies or equivalent.
No special requirements
This unit introduces you to the ways in which audiences have been defined, researched and theorised. Particular emphasis is placed on competing conceptualisations, methodologies and outcomes of audience research. Subject content and assessment will assist you in developing skills in constructing and evaluating quantitative and qualitative audience research.
- Assignment 1 - Essay (60%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject