- Intro to Tourism and Hotel Marketing
- Destination Marketing and Marketing Strategy
- Branding and the Customer Experience
- Tourism Markets
- Travel Decision-Making and Group Buying Behaviour
- Digital Marketing and Technology
- Selling Tourism and Hotel Experiences: Communication, Promotions and Advertising
- Distribution Channels and Pricing Strategies
- Public Relations and Sales
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Please note: This subject was previously known as HSL222.
The decision making processes of tourists and hotel guests can vary from the spontaneous and unpredictable to the extended and considered. These processes, along with a competitive supplier market in international tourism and hotel products, and the need to adapt to changing physical, financial, and social environments mean that designing and selling satisfying guest experiences is a challenging proposition. The key to dealing with these challenges is to develop a good understanding of customer behaviour and by knowing which marketing strategies will attract and satisfy customers, and thereby lead to increased sales.
- Assignment — Written Assignment (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (35%)
- Presentation (15%)
- Quiz — Online Quiz (20%)
Textbook information is pending.