- Introduction to F & B Management
- Concept Development for F&B Operation
- Menu & Wine List Planning & Design
- Menu and Wine List Evaluation--Menu Engineering
- Food Production Area (Kitchen) Planning and Design
- Food Service Area (Restaurant) Planning and Design
- Food Production and Service Systems
- F&B Operations Marketing
- F&B Control and Purchasing
- F&B Manager role and future trends
- Quality Management Practices in F&B Operations
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Please note: This subjects was previously known as HSL208.
International Food and Beverage Management aims to develop students’ capacity to transfer theory into useful knowledge for effectively designing concepts, systems and processes for a new food and beverage operation. This subject integrates custom-made Virtual Field Trips (VFTs) of the hospitality industry into learning activities and assessments (formative and normative) and promotes an authentic learning experience.
- Concept Development, Oral Pres (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Report (40%)
Textbook information is pending.