Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Jul 2023
- 06 Nov 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Entrepreneurship skills and tools:
- Assess and evaluate key trends within business environments, using problem solving skills and analysis, to creatively find responsive solutions to local and global business challenges.
- Analyse the value of relationships through co-creation processes.
- Use Design Thinking and Lean Start Up processes to construct innovative customer outcomes.
- Apply the Business Model Canvas tool to create innovative solutions to market opportunities.
Assurance of learning:
This course evaluates student performance for Assurance of Learning purposes for the program learning objective (PLO):
- Effectively communicate with diverse audiences through a variety of modes and media.
- Entrepreneur Mindset
- Key Trends & Opportunity Creation/Discovery
- Introduction: The Business Model Canvas (BMC)
- Right Hand Side of the BMC
- Left Hand Side of the BMC
- Design Thinking 1
- Design Thinking 2
- Strategy and Tools for Assessing Impact
- Lean Startup 1
- Lean Startup 2
- Project Management
- Intrapreneur & Course Review
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- GRF-IBA243-Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship (No longer available)
No additional requirements
This course provides you with an in-depth understanding of how to develop viable novel business ideas through empathetic design and customer discovery and validation. This course focuses on creativity, problem solving and critical thinking tools to create these novel solutions.
- Business Model (30%)
- Individual Video Pitch (30%)
- Business Model (revised) (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).