Griffith Innovation Challenge
Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Jul 2023
- 06 Nov 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
After successfully completing this subject, you should be able to:
- Explain what it means to be an entrepreneur
- Use creative thinking techniques to develop ideas for innovative new products and services
- Assess the sustainability of new business ideas
- Diagnose and analyse the feasibility and viability of a new business idea
- Critically evaluate and pitch a new business idea
ASSURANCE OF LEARNING
This course evaluates student performance for Assurance of Learning purposes for the program learning objective (PLO): Effectively communicate with diverse audiences through a variety of modes and media.
- Thinking entrepreneurially
- Entrepreneurial skills toolkit
- Seeing entrepreneurially
- Acting entrepreneurially
- Introducing the feasibility of the idea
- Testing the feasibility (Part 1)
- Testing the feasibility (Part 2)
- Finding and negotiating resources
- Pitching to various audiences
- Building the Sustainable Development Goals into your business
- Being a Sustainable Entrepreneur
- Pitching the BIG IDEA
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course develops competencies and behaviours resulting in dynamic, creative entrepreneurs who can transform a business concept into a viable business proposition. It is a platform for investigating the feasibility of the idea and pitching it to an outside audience.
- Interviewing an entrepreneur (40%)
- Feasibility study - report (35%)
- Feasibility study - pitch (25%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).