Dig into the ethical and economical challenges that green marketing presents.
Address why consumers are buying more green products and services. Look to the practical barriers that arise when commercial groups work to be environmentally sustainable.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand the pressures on business to adopt more sustainable business practices and how these pressures influence marketing activities.
- demonstrate knowledge and interpret the nature and scope of sustainability issues in related challenges.
- demonstrate knowledge of factors influencing the decision-making of the 'green consumer'.
- Evaluate the importance of genuine environmental sustainability credentials and third-party certification programs for organisations and the implications of "greenwashing" in the marketplace.
- Analyse and apply the concepts and practices of green marketing strategy and sustainable business practice.
- Introducing Green Marketing
- Sustainability: Global issue and human condition
- Green Marketing and the market system
- Sustainability frameworks
- Sustainability measurements and metrics
- Sustainability reporting
- Ethical issues and greenwashing
- The consumer: segmenting and positioning for sustainability
- Strategy: Product and Partnerships
- Green Marketing Strategy: Price
- Strategy: Distribution: place and value chain
- Strategy: Promotion
- Revision of unit content
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects or other relevant experience.
No special requirements
Green Marketing is particularly relevant in the global context of growing demand by consumers for so-called green products, services and systems that support enhanced environmental sustainability. The subject identifies changing patterns of consumer demand and increased propensities for consumers to consider purchasing products and services that have a sustainable impact on the environment. The subject discusses design issues in creating green/sustainable products, pricing, marketing communication issues and supply chain issues.
- Online Concept Quiz (15%)
- Written Assignment (35%)
- Portfolio Analysis (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.