Contemporary Issues in Sport Business
Your upfront cost: $0
- 06 Mar 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Analyse the impact of the various social, cultural, political and physical environments on the organisation, management, and sustainable practice of sport.
- Describe local, state, national, and global issues surrounding sport.
- Evaluate a sport organisation and its standing within the external environment.
- Formulate a response to a real world, contemporary sport scenario to a diverse set of stakeholders via multiple communication channels.
- Using Social Theories to Understand Sport
- Socialisation and Sport
- Sport, Labour and the Environment
- Diversity and Inclusion in Sport
- Grant Writing
- The Social Outcomes of Sport Business
- Fantasy Sport & Gambling
- Deviance and Sport
- Managing Inclusive Sport Environments
- Stakeholder Diversity Response Workshop
- The political environment of sport
- The Future of Sport Business
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course provides an overview of the various political, economic, social, environmental, demographic and technological factors that influence the delivery of sport. The contexts examined in class range from community sport organisations to elite sport and events, and an array of contemporary issues and examples are used to illustrate how each factor is impacting sport management.
- Creative Synthesis Vodcast (35%)
- Grant Writing Assessment (35%)
- Time Released Case Study: Stakeholder Diversity (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).