Get a snapshot of the business processes companies use to deliver products and services to consumers. Break down the production and marketing stages. Identify the role management plays. See how technology is improving production and service systems.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 May 2019
- 25 Nov 2019
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Explain and identify the need and purpose (logic behind) of sound business process management
- Understand the key dimensions underlying business processes
- Identify the essential boundaries that business processes need to span.
- Identify, discuss and evaluate the major human resource management issues involved in the design and implementation of business processes.
- Know how to apply business process management tools in cross-industry situations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant business process academic literature.
- Understand and discuss the major pitfalls of Business Process Reengineering and Benchmarking
- Introduction to Business Processes
- Business Processes Mapping 1
- Business Processes Mapping 2
- Business Processes Analysis 1
- Business Processes Analysis 2
- Business Process Redesign
- Value Chains 1
- Value Chains 2
- Strategic Alignment
- Ethics and Processes Management
- Technology Impact on Business Processes
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
The unit serves as an introductory platform to business processes. It offers both conceptual and practical guidance for achieving competitive advantage by managing business processes. Business process management involves the deliberate and collaborative design, management and goal definition of end-to-end sets of activities that create value for customers.
Key aspects of business processes at the management, operational and support level are investigated and supporting theories explored looking at the work of Taylor, Harmon, Davenport, Hammer and Porter to name some. By taking a holistic view of the organization, that transcends vertical, horizontal, external and geographical boundaries, this unit provides a road map for guiding organizations to analyse, re-design and improve business processes. Finally, the effects of the application of Information Systems on business processes are investigated in terms of how the processes themselves are captured and become an integral part of the technology.
- Online Quiz (15%)
- Written Assignment (35%)
- Written Assignment (50%)
Textbook information is pending.
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Business
- Business Introductory Core Subjects
- Major in Human Resource Management
- Major in Management
- Major in Contemporary Marketing