- Introduction to Business Processes
- Business Processes Mapping I
- Business Processes Mapping II
- Business Processes Analysis I
- Business Processes Analysis II
- Agents of Change
- Value Chains I
- Value Chains II
- Strategic Alignment
- Ethics and Process Management
- Technology and Impact on Business Processes
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Business Processes involves the application of management thinking and techniques to the provision of products and services. The production/operations function is integrated with organisational subjects responsible for finance, human resource management, information technology and marketing.
Specifically, production/operations management presumes knowledge of processes related to the design, control and evaluation of production and service systems, and the relationship between these systems and management activities.
Students will gain understanding of theories of management and production and service systems, the planning and control of production and service systems and the role of management in the enhancement of production and service functions.
- Assignment 1 - Report (35%)
- Assignment 2 - Online Quiz (15%)
- Assignment 3 - Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject