Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Professional writers and their trade
- Audience, purpose and context
- Purpose - information vs persuasion
- Forms and ethics of professional writing
- Context and culture
- Online writing
- Speech writing and presentation
- Hidden persuasion
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject introduces you to the role of the professional writer in the field of public discourse. It offers critical and ethical perspectives on rhetoric and persuasion, and introduces you to the structuring of arguments, and the framing and communication of issues on behalf of government, industry, non-government organisations and individuals.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (30%)
- Report (40%)
- Essay (30%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts Fine Art and Professional Writing and Publishing
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Painting
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Sculpture