Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Writing for the workplace
- Using research effectively
- Writing for government and how government works
- Targeting an audience
- Writing online material
- Speech writing
- Preparing a portfolio and CV
- Applying for positions
- Collaborative group work online
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject is designed to introduce students to a range of writing and research tasks common to workplaces in both the public and private sectors. It covers the production of workplace documents, including speeches, briefing notes, publicity brochures, media releases and short reports, as well as a curriculum vitae and responses to selection criteria. It provides an introduction to research and writing as part of a team as well as an individual activity, and an awareness of the significance of cross-cultural interaction.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Professional Writing Portfolio (60%)
- Policy analysis task (15%)
- Corporate writing task (25%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts Fine Art and Professional Writing and Publishing
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Painting
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Sculpture