Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify and critically discuss a number of contemporary travel writers and a range of travel writing
- apply their understanding of the travel writing genre to the completion of a series of writing exercises, each designed to illuminate an aspect of prose composition
- explain the process and framework of freelance professional travel writing
- produce a substantial and carefully written travel story/feature/essay.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject concentrates on contemporary travel writing in the short story/feature/essay form and has instructional value for both creative and professional writing students.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Article (45%)
- Travel Writing Project (35%)
- Short Composition (20%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.