Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 May 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- construct arguments in determining the appropriate business structure for a particular business
- apply relevant legislation to practical and theoretical situations
- demonstrate the application of Employee benefits and various financing methods
- explain legal and taxation implications of winding up a business.
- Introduction of Entities
- Small Business Concessions
- Sole Traders
- Diverting Income
- Financing a Business
- Employer Costs
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Study guide
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
This subject is designed to develop a basic understanding of different business entities, how each is taxed and the advantages and disadvantages of each entity as a planning vehicle. The subject focuses on students becoming able to plan tax structures that will benefit the taxpayer in both the short term and long term periods.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project (35%)
- Presentation (15%)
- Invigilated Examination (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: