- Introduction to Basic Structural Principles
- Shape of Structural Components
- Behaviour and Properties of Materials
- Equations of Statistics, Movements and Basic Trigonometry
- Force Systems
- Pin Jointed Structures
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Assignment 1 - Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Case Study (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Test (20%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
An introduction to basic structural mechanics, geo-mechanics, loadings on buildings. Design of foundation and basic structural elements.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.