- Introduction to Basic Structural Principles
- Shape of Structural Components
- Behaviour and Properties of Materials
- Equations of Statistics, Movements and Basic Trigonometry
- Force Systems
- Pin Jointed Structures
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this subject, students will be introduced to basic structural mechanics, geo-mechanics, and loadings on buildings. Students will develop an understanding of the design of foundations and basic structural elements.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Test (20%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.