Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- Preparing for a placement experience
- Attaining and reflecting on placement experience
- Development of a professional portfolio
- Completion of a 100 hour placement
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- PlacementDetails - Includes Placement
This subject was previously known as Professional Practice in Public Health.
This subject is the application of discipline-specific knowledge and skills during a relevant professional placement within their specific discipline area. Development of professionalism, multicultural communication skills, and understanding of occupational health and safety and ethics in the workplace.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Professional portfolio A (35%)
- Professional portfolio B (50%)
- Placement assessment and feedback (15%)