Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Public Health Practicum
Learn to measure and monitor diverse health strategies, and lead complex change to improve public health.Communicate ethically and effectively with multicultural and non-technical people. Self-manage and critique your professional performance.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online & on-campus
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply skills and knowledge, relevant to the discipline area in a relevant workplace
- utilise written and oral communication effectively in the professional environment with technical and non-technical audiences
- critically reflect on and evaluate their own performance in the workplace
- integrate independent and collaborative skills in an ethical manner, appropriate to a professional environment.
- Preparing for a placement experience
- Attaining and reflecting on placement experience
- Development of a professional portfolio
- Completion of a 100 hour placement
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Placement requirements - Includes Placement
This subject was previously known as Professional Practice in Public Health.
This subject is the application of discipline-specific knowledge and skills during a relevant professional placement within their specific discipline area. Development of professionalism, multicultural communication skills, and understanding of occupational health and safety and ethics in the workplace.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Professional portfolio A (35%)
- Professional portfolio B (50%)
- Placement assessment and feedback (15%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 24 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.