- Introduction to unit and nature of property
- Doctrine of fixtures
- Tenure and the operation of Torrens title system
- Torrens title system - mortgages and priorities
- Leases - general overview
- Leases - Retail and commercial leasing (Part1)
- Leases - Retail and commercial leasing (Part 2)
- Easements and restrictive covenants
- Strata titles
- Personal Properties Securities register
- Native title
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-BLW14-Business Law , or CUR-BLW17
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
Introduction to real property law, estates and interests in land, fixtures, native title, Torrens System, mortgages, leases, easements and covenants and co-ownership.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Final Invigilated Examination (50%)
Textbook information is pending.