Media and Communications Capstone
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- initiate, design, deliver and promote industry-standard outcomes relevant the degree, and with ethical practices in mind
- demonstrate initiative and creativity in responding to an industry brief or problem
- demonstrate cultural capabilities to engage respectfully with local First Peoples and other diverse cultures, and demonstrate respect for diverse cultural and Indigenous perspectives in their community and professional practice
- demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively to achieve agreed outcomes that create value
- demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders in a culturally appropriate and professional manner
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
This subject will enable students to consolidate and apply the diverse skills and knowledge gained in their degree in preparation for entry into professional practice. Students will work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams on an applied project relating to their specialisations. Using practical skills, professional communication skills, initiative, creativity, students will produce an industry-standard outcome.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Plan (30%)
- Reflection (25%)
- Industry Presentation (45%)