Media and Communications Capstone
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- initiate, design, deliver and promote industry-standard outcomes relevant to the degree, and with ethical practices in mind
- demonstrate initiative and creativity in responding to an industry brief or problem
- demonstrate engagement with, and respect for, Indigenous knowledges, experiences, values, ways of working, protocols, and methodologies in professional practice
- demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively to achieve agreed outcomes that create value
- demonstrate evidence of critical reflection on, and development of, professional identity, practice and skills
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:and
Students should enrol in this subject in their final 6 months of study. Students must have also completed 400 credits in their course before enrolling into this subject.
No additional requirements
This subject will enable students to consolidate and apply the diverse skills and knowledge gained in their degree in preparation for entry into professional practice. Students will work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams on an applied project relating to their specialisations. Using practical skills, professional communication skills, initiative and creativity, students will produce an industry-standard outcome.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Plan (20%)
- Reflection (30%)
- Media and Communications Project (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).