Asian Media in Transition
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify some of the theoretical, epistemological and methodological issues which are important in the understanding of media and culture in Asia
- describe the communication and media practices in a number of Asian countries
- analyse and discuss the complexity and diversity of a region commonly referred to unreflectively as ‘Asia’
- develop an initial understanding of the relationship between Asian media, culture and society
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:one of
- CUR-APC100-Academic and Professional Communications
- CUR-MED104-Engaging Media
- CUR-ASIA110-Communicating with Asia: Languages and Societies
No additional requirements
Theoretical and methodological issues that need to inform any understanding of Asian media and culture and how these issues can be seen in practice, concentrating on specific case studies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Critical Reflection (40%)
- Article Review (25%)
- Presentation (35%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Arts English and Cultural Studies
- Common Level 1 Subjects
- Level 1 Major Subjects
- Level 2 Core Subjects
- Level 2 Optional Subjects
- Level 3 Core Subjects
- Level 3 Optional Subjects