- Introduction to Planning
- Planning Ethics and Theory
- History of Planning in WA
- Suburban planning and subdivision control
- Local planning
- Metropolitan planning
- Transport planning
- Retail planning and commercial development
- Urban design
- Regional planning
- Rural planning
- Overview of planning
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
This subject is a prerequisite for other subjects and must be taken prior to URP560 Integrated Plan Making and URP570 Planning Dissertation Preparation
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Introduction to Urban and Regional Planning.
The subject will cover the origin, evolution, and strengths and weaknesses of the planning system. Operation of the current planning and development system including evaluation of planning documentation and the ethics of planning practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Invigilated Exam (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Exercises (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Portfolio (40%)