- Market Organisation & Structure
- Equity Securities
- Equity Valuation
- Market Efficiency & Technical Analysis
- Ethics in the Investment Industry
- Fixed Income Essentials
- Debt Security Valuation
- Term Structure & Interest Rate Dynamics
- Interest Rate Risk
- Credit Risk
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
There are no prerequisites for this unit. Note: Level 2 units normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 units or other relevant experience.
No special requirements
An overview of global financial markets and the major instruments traded within those markets. The focus is on equity and debt markets. The importance of ethics within financial markets will also be discussed.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Group Project (35%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (45%)
- Assignment 3 - Mid-study period test (20%)