Introduction to Business Law
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- interpret and apply the basic legal rules and principles arising in the Australian legal system
- demonstrate an understanding of the principal concepts and sources of law in Australia to identify and analyse legal issues
- construct a coherent and logical legal argument using the four step process approach
- apply relevant legal concepts and principles to analyse and solve case studies
- to be advised
You won't be able to enrol into this subject if you've already successfully completed or currently enrolled in the following subject(s) as they are considered anti-requisites due to the similarity of the content.
- CUR-BLW14-Business Law (No longer available)
No additional requirements
An introduction to law with a business focus. In this subject, students will examine the nature and sources of law in Australia. Key aspects of civil law as they relate to business operations are explored including insurance and finance.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment one (20%)
- Assignment two (30%)
- Final Examination (remote-invigilated) (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.