- Health, society and the role of government
- The policy process and the policy cycle
- Identifying issues for policy
- Health policy design
- Health policy implementation
- Health care as a system
- The Australian health care system
- Globalisation and health care systems
- Privatisation, politics
- Power and professionalism
- Development and aid and equity in health care
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as HTHM801 Health Policy.
Understanding the influence of actors, power relations, politics, social determinants and evidence on policies and decision making in relation to health care system.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Essay (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject