- Federal System of Government
- Structure and Operation of Australian Federal and State Parliaments
- Australian Political Parties and Pressure Groups
- Social Media Influence; and the Public Service/Sector in Australia
- Local Government History
- Local Government Finance
- Community Power
- Developer Power
- International Governance Perspectives/Comparisons
- Planning and Governance
- Planning Decision Making
- Planning Practice and Professional Ethics
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
Governance in Australia, Federal, State and Local Government. The location of development industry activity within the spheres of government. Introduction to the development industry and related law and its interpretation in planning and development practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Tutorial (30%)
- Essay (40%)
- Invigilated Exam (30%)
Master of Science Project Management
- Research Major Stream
- Professional Major Stream