Foundations of Psychology
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate how major theories and research in psychology contribute to an understanding of human behaviour
- describe principles of perception, thinking, language, intelligence, consciousness, psychological disorders and treatment
- critically evaluate psychological theory on the basis of available evidence
- apply psychological phenomena to the everyday context of people's lives.
- To be advised in subject outline
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
Broad outline of the study of mental processes. Introduction to perception, thinking, language, intelligence, consciousness, psychological disorders, and psychological therapies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Multiple choice e-Test (25%)
- Written assignment (35%)
- Invigilated Examination (40%)
Psychology: The science of mind and behaviour, 3rd ed.
Passer, M. W.