Foundations for Professional Health Practice
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- demonstrate academic integrity, effective information search strategies and referencing skills required for tertiary study
- apply professional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills within an interprofessional learning environment
- compare and contrast Australian and international health systems
- describe the key elements of ethical and professional standards and behaviours in health which impact on the safety and quality of client centred service/care
- Please refer to subject outline
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Introduction to ethical decision making in the context of professional health practice. Application of academic standards and development of skills required for studying at university. Introduction to professional requirements which impact on the safety and quality of client centred service/care when working in a health setting. Examination of differences in Australian and international health systems. Students will learn the value of diversity in inter-professional practice through working in teams. Students will reflect on their learning and begin to develop lifelong learning skills.
- SUCCESS PELA test (%)
- Draft Written Assignment (20%)
- Group assignment - Health Fusion Challenge (30%)
- Final written assignment (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.