Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
Take your first step towards a career in health—including nursing
Start building your foundational knowledge of human health and healthcare. Explore human bodies. Get to know health practice. For graduates of this online health course, the pathway to health careers and further studies is open wide.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 15 Aug 21
- 14 Nov 21
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
This undergraduate certificate aims to enable students to:
- apply principles and concepts of health in a variety of contexts relevant to further learning and/or paraprofessional work
- apply critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills relevant to health sciences to generate innovative solutions to problems
- use technology appropriately to communicate effectively with patients, carers and other health care professionals
- consider global perspectives on health and international health standards
- demonstrate respect for Indigenous values, cultures and knowledges and consider Indigenous perspectives on health
- work professionally in teams and independently, and demonstrate life-long learning skills
Open enrolment subjects
No entry requirements exist.
This undergraduate certificate has no entry requirements and is open to everyone.
During your application
We’ll ask you to provide your education history. It’s for government data collection only and will not impact your application.
Skip the questions in the Entry Requirements section by selecting Higher Education. Then enter “n/a” in all the Previous Higher Education Studies boxes.
Although you'll need to consent to an academic results search, we won't conduct it when we process your application.
Applications for Credit for Recognised Learning are not considered within this course.
This Higher Education Certificate may lead students into a general Health Sciences program.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences is designed for people who are interested in pursuing a career in health or allied health professions . The Undergraduate Certificate gives student entry (and credit for the four units completed) into the Bachelor of Science which includes Nursing and Public Health among others at Curtin. You will receive an introduction to health in social and cultural context and foundational knowledge in health practice and the human structure and function.
Pick your subjects to begin.
Apply for the degree, or enrol directly into a subject. It's up to you!
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.
This degree has open enrolment subjects which allow you to start without submitting a degree application.
You'll have the option to apply for the degree once you've successfully passed the subjects. In many cases, you'll even gain credit.