Business Processes and Internal Controls
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 02 Mar 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- design, document, implement and manage processes such as databases for business transactions and organizational information needs
- analyse workplace information systems using internal control principles and techniques
- recommend solutions to resolve accounting information systems problems.
- Romney: Chapters 1 & 2 (all pages)
- Romney: Chapters 12 & 13 – ignore threats & controls. Chapter 3 – pp 74 to 82
- Romney: Chapter 3 - pp 82 to 98
- Romney: Chapter 4 - pp 108 to 127
- Romney: Chapter 5 & Chapter 6
- Romney: Chapter 7, Chapter 8 (ignore 226 to 270)
- Romney: Chapter 9
- Romney: Chapter 10
- Romney: Chapter 11
- Romney: Chapter 12
- Romney: Chapter 13
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Exploration of typical accounting information systems application such as sales, billing, inventory and general ledger. How these subsystems interface with one another, and the principle inputs, processes, files, outputs and controls associated with them. Major themes throughout the course include: objectives and procedures of internal control, typical business documents and reports, and system documentation - use of data flow diagrams, flowcharts and other documentation techniques.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Mid semester test (30%)
- Case study (20%)
- Final Invigilated Exam (50%)
Accounting Information Systems, 14th global ed.
Romney, M.B. and Steinbart, P.J.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects