Accounting - The Fundamentals of Business
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- apply basic financial accounting knowledge to ethically complete the accounting cycle, understand and evaluate business sustainability
- record and report business transactions using appropriate technologies
- evaluate how financial information is generated, processed and used to facilitate sound economic decision making
- select and apply appropriate accounting treatments in accordance with selected International Financial Reporting Standards
- Accounting Cycle I-Accounting for Service Entities Part A
- Accounting Cycle I-Accounting for Service Entities Part B
- Accounting Cycle II: Accounting for Retail Entities and GST
- Accounting Cycle III: End of Period Adjustments and Closing Entries
- Presentation of Financial Statements
- Application of Accounting Theory
- Inventories Revenue
The subject aims to provide students with knowledge of accounting transactions. It applies the conceptual framework and the objectives of the financial statement. It focuses on understanding, defining and recognising various elements of financial statements and the use of computerised accounting software. In addition, the subject teaches the application of selected international financial reporting standards and underlying accounting theories.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Online Workbook Assignment (20%)
- Accounting Software Assignment (30%)
- Final Examination (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects