Accounting - The Fundamentals of Business
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- apply basic financial accounting knowledge to ethically complete the accounting cycle, understand and evaluate business sustainability
- record and report business transactions using appropriate technologies
- evaluate how financial information is generated, processed and used to facilitate sound economic decision making
- select and apply appropriate accounting treatments in accordance with selected International Financial Reporting Standards
- Accounting Cycle I-Accounting for Service Entities Part A
- Accounting Cycle I-Accounting for Service Entities Part B
- Accounting Cycle II: Accounting for Retail Entities and GST
- Accounting Cycle III: End of Period Adjustments and Closing Entries
- Presentation of Financial Statements
- Application of Accounting Theory
- Inventories Revenue
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
- CUR-ACC102-Financial Decision Making
- CUR-ACC100-Accounting - The Language of Business (No longer available)
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
The subject aims to provide students with knowledge of accounting transactions. It applies the conceptual framework and the objectives of the financial statement. It focuses on understanding, defining and recognising various elements of financial statements and the use of computerised accounting software. In addition, the subject teaches the application of selected international financial reporting standards and underlying accounting theories.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Online Workbook Assignment (20%)
- Accounting Software Assignment (30%)
- Final Invigilated Examination (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).