Tally the factors that relate to credit risk assessments and bank lending practices. Explore the main activities of banks whilst getting an overview of their organisational structure. Define risk as it relates to lending and credit culture.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply constructive lending practices with due consideration of appropriate forms of finance, loan pricing, collateral types and the interactive relationship between different banking activities, structures and risks
- apply knowledge of credit risk assessment principles and processes to conduct proficient credit risk assessment
- analyse lending portfolio information to detect intrinsic and concentration credit risk and to make reasoned judgement that is appropriate to the circumstances
- create constructive lending solutions and loan portfolio management
- evaluate the practices of Islamic banks and conventional banks in terms of lending principles and different forms of finance
- The role, main activities and organizational structures of banks
- Major bank risks and essential components of credit risk management
- Loan pricing
- Regular forms of finance and different forms of collateral
- Principles that banks apply when dealing with credit applications and assessment of consumer credit applications
- Understanding and interpreting the financial statements of businesses
- Assessment of business credit applications
- Loan account management and analysing loan portfolio information
- Loan loss provision transfer methods
- Islamic bank lending
You will need knowledge of accounting to work out financial ratios.
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as BAN22 Lending.
This subject addresses the sphere of aspects that are related to the proficient credit risk assessment of consumers and businesses from a banking perspective. The content includes the role, main activities and organisational structures of banks; essential components of credit risk management; and the principles and process of dealing with credit risk assessment. Students are also familiarised with Islamic bank lending conducted by Sharia banks.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case study – Credit risk assessment of consumers and businesses (25%)
- eTest (25%)
- Assignment (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.