Art Visual Research 3
Fortify your artistic style and take on a self-directed visual project. Use different media to communicate your ideas. Stretch your arts practice to explore architectural drawing. Play with composition as you explore natural and artificial forms.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate a clear visual articulation of ideas using appropriate media and processes
- assess a visual research problem to decide what processes and materials are needed
- analyse personal limitations of knowledge, skills or abilities in order to make self directed learning decisions
- extend the boundaries of research through application of the language of the discipline.
- Science Nature and Artifice
- Architectural Drawing
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
Have approval of equivalent knowledge before starting this subject.
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials — Art/Drawing Materials
- Other special requirement — Digital Camera or Scanner
This subject was previously known as Visual Arts Research: Independent Project A.
You will develop a self directed visual art practice project by negotiated proposal to progress skills in the techniques and processes of various specialisations within contemporary art practice, through drawing or other media.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Folio examination (60%)
- Portfolio (40%)