- Introduction and Overview
- Negotiating the contract
- Formation of the contract
- The content of the contract 1
- The content of the contract 2
- Performing the contract
- Ending the contract
- Undoing the contract: vitiating factors - Common Law
- Undoing the contract: vitiating factors - Statute
- The consequences of ending the contract: remedies
- Resolving contract disputes - a practical guide
- Resources and Links
- Assignment 1 - Problem based (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Project (30%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
This subject covers the formation, negotiation and operation of contracts, the role and structure of the contents of a business contract including: boilerplate and common clauses, risk management and termination clauses, the type and scope of contract remedies and dispute resolution.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.