Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- The economics of publishing
- The editing and publishing team
- Publication project management
- Advanced structural editing
- Advanced copyediting
- Copyediting in InDesign
- Design and layout for e-pubs
- Publishing and distribution
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
This subject provides advanced practical editing instruction, and allows students to build on existing knowledge and skills. They learn and practise the skills of structural editing and appraisal, and apply editing to a real-world editing and publishing project in which project management skills, high-level editing skills and professional skills are utilised. The capacity to work independently and collaboratively to take a collection of writing from submission to publication is developed.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Proposal (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Editing journal (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Editing & publishing project (40%)
- Assignment 4 - Written assignment (20%)