Advanced Architectural Systems Research Applications
Undertake a research assignment into a digital, technological or environmental architectural system.Expand your analytical research method tool kit. Go out into the real work and conduct fieldwork. Transcribe all your findings into a critical review.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Nov 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply skills and methods in analytical research appropriate to the discipline of architecture and/or the built environment, including international references
- apply methods and digital fabrication tools to a nominated project to analyse systems and inform design decisions
- synthesise findings and document outcomes in a critical review of a research project
- use multiple modes of communication to illustrate methods of rigorous evaluation and testing of the nominated project
- Introduction to Parametric Design
- Precedent Studies
- Points & Lines
- Curves & Functions
- Curvature & Surface Geometry
- Carrier Surfaces & Components
- Plugins and FAB Tools
- FAB Tools and usability
- Digital Fabrication
- Questions and Answers
- Portfolio Preparation
No eligibility requirements
- Equipment requirements - Audio video equipment required.
- Other requirements - Access to the Internet. Admission to degree may be required.
This subject was previously known as Architectural Systems Research Topics.
Students will develop research skills focused on digital, technological or environmental architectural systems through a nominated research project. Students will conduct an in-depth exploration and analysis, employing digital fabrication and making techniques to explore advanced architectural systems. Using skills and knowledge’s relating to their understanding of digital and/or physical application, students will produce an outcome that is applicable to defined environments and communities. Students will be expected to demonstrate technical and architectural language proficiency related to the selected focus of the research. There will be a fieldwork component, the nature of which is dependent upon the focus of the research.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Research Analysis Report (30%)
- Project Synthesis Report (40%)
- Reflective Report (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).