Advanced Architectural Systems Research Applications
Undertake a research assignment into a digital, technological or environmental architectural system.Expand your analytical research method tool kit. Go out into the real work and conduct fieldwork. Transcribe all your findings into a critical review.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop research skills in analytical research methods appropriate for research of architectural systems
- apply methods and tools to a nominated project to analyse systems and inform design decisions
- use multiple modes of communication to illustrate methods of rigorous evaluation and testing of the nominated project
- synthesise findings and document outcomes in a critical review of a research project.
- Introduction to Parametric Design
- Points and Lines
- Curves and Functions
- Curvature & Surface Geometry
- Carrier surfaces and Components
- Parametric Component Design and Construction
- Tessellation by Parametric Replication
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Architectural Systems Research Topics.
Students will develop research skills focused on digital, technological or environmental architectural systems through the analysis of a nominated research project. Students will conduct an in depth exploration of a complex architectural project with a diverse client profile, and a multi-layered response to environments. There will be a fieldwork component, the nature of which is dependent upon the focus of the research.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Research Analysis Report (30%)
- Project Synthesis Report (40%)
- Reflective Report (30%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.