- Introduction to Parametric Design
- Points and Lines
- Curves and Functions
- Curvature & Surface Geometry
- Carrier surfaces and Components
- Parametric Component Design and Construction
- Tessellation by Parametric Replication
- Planar Fabrication
- Digital Fabrication
- Design Development
- Model Fabrication
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Assignment 1 - Portfolio (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Project Analysis (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Project Synthesis Report (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Architectural Systems Research Topics.
Students will develop research skills focused on digital, technological or environmental architectural systems through the analysis of a nominated research project. Students will conduct an in depth exploration of a complex architectural project with a diverse client profile, and a multi-layered response to environments. There will be a fieldwork component, the nature of which is dependent upon the focus of the research.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.