Accounting, Behaviour and Control
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse the link between strategy, and planning and control systems
- evaluate and communicate the role performance management and control systems play in planning and controlling organisational activities
- justify an appropriate method of transfer pricing
- evaluate and report a business' financial and non-financial performance.
- Review and introduction to management control systems
- Strategy and Responsibility Accounting
- Budgets: Control Purpose
- Variances I
- Variances II
- Financial Performance Measures
- Transfer Pricing
- Multidimensional Performance Measures
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
This subject builds upon foundational knowledge of management systems including performance management and control systems aligned with organisational strategy.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Open-Book eTest (25%)
- Semester Test (40%)
- Portfolio and Presentation (35%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects