Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 22 Feb 2021
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. Their location points to their unique history, ties to the Australian Government and special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their focus on research as an asset, and an approach to education, ensures their graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to understand, and apply vision and creativity to addressing complex contemporary challenges. ANU offers an outstanding variety of programs for Australia's next generation of language leaders. Their innovative online subjects are offered from beginning to advanced levels via OUA, and various enrolment options provide for different student needs and goals.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills at an Advanced level of Vietnamese to:
- Use an active vocabulary of around 3,000 items and a passive vocabulary of around 5,000 items.
- Recognise and use a wide range of demanding, argumentative texts on both general and academic matters, and recognise their implicit meanings.
- Respond spontaneously and with confidence to contemporary issues related to different age and career groups; compose clear and well‐structured texts on complex subjects; and present viewpoints with clarity, cohesion, and in a well‐organised pattern.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of present‐day Vietnam relevant to their area of academic interest.
- Chapter Six: Y Phục. Clothing
- Chapter Six: Y Phục (Cont.) Clothing
- Chapter Seven: Nhà ở. Houses
- Chapter Seven: Nhà ở (Cont.) Houses
- Chapter Eight: Gia đình. Family
- Review for Mid-Term Exams
- Midterm Oral Presentation & Midterm Written Examination
- Chapter Eight: Gia đình (Cont.). Family
- Chapter Nine: Kỳ Nghỉ. Vacation
- Chapter Nine: Kỳ Nghỉ (Cont.) Vacation
- Chapter Ten: Lo gì mà xa quá vậy em? Why do you worry so far ahead?
- Chapter Ten: Lo gì mà xa quá vậy em? (Cont.). Why do you worry so far ahead?
- Review for Final Exam
- Final Oral Presentation & Final Written Examination (TBA)
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
Completion of VIET2003 Vietnamese 4 or demonstration of equivalent level through completion of a placement test. Students with prior knowledge of the language will be required to take a placement test. Students are not permitted to enrol in a subject that is lower than the level they achieve in the placement test, or a lower level than a subject they have already completed. Students without the appropriate level of proficiency for ANU-VIET3002 (Vietnamese 5) will be withdrawn from this subject and we will recommend an alternative subject at the correct level.
- EquipmentDetails - To successfully engage in this course students will need the following: • Laptop or computer • Computer camera (either inbuilt or webcam) • Headset with microphone • Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser • Reliable internet access • Access to a scanner or smartphone
This subject is an upper intermediate level of Vietnamese with an emphasis on active oral and writing skills. It focuses on communicating in Vietnamese in the context of daily life activities in Vietnam and places an emphasis on areas of accommodation, travel, social customs and education. A reading program forms an integral part of the syllabus.
Via face-to-face video at a set time prescribed by the University. Please be aware of potential time zone differences.
- 6 weekly assignments (30%)
- Mid-term oral presentation (15%)
- Final oral presentation (15%)
- Mid-term written test (15%)
- Final written test (15%)
- Class participation: active class participation (10%)
Current study term: 21 Feb 21 to 28 May 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.