Why study sustainability online?
When you study a sustainability course, you focus on finding workable solutions to environmental problems. Sustainability challenges span the globe, from the broadest scenarios in business and government, through to local issues in everyday life.
Sustainability skills, like complex problem solving and critical thinking, are valuable in many fields. Studying sustainability is especially relevant for careers based in consulting, planning, policy, the not-for-profit sector, and government.
Whether you’re fitting further study in around your job or looking to level up with a new qualification, studying sustainability is a great way to future-proof your career.
- Explore living examples of sustainable community development.
- Unpack global and political climate and ecological emergency movements.
- Choose from electives including energy security and natural disasters.
- Understand and uphold UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Develop social maturity and ethical strength.
- Build an interdisciplinary knowledge of climate change.
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
- Associate Degree in Applied Technologies (Cyber Security)
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (Sustainable Aquaculture)
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (Fermentation and Separation)
- Bachelor of Science (Sustainability)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science and Bachelor of Science
- Diploma of Sustainable Living
- Bachelor of Science (Geography and Environment)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Psychological Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Sustainable Living
- Undergraduate Certificate in Applied Technologies
Student stories and study advice
How to make sustainable fashion your career
With rising temperatures comes a rising need for eco-conscious fashion designers—those who will keep the planet in mind with every garment they create. But how do you become one?
Why students are getting serious about sustainability
More and more students are looking to integrate an understanding of sustainability into their profession. Learn how this is changing institutions across Australia and what we’re doing to help.
How green is our future?
Science has never been a hotter subject amongst the general population, and concepts like climate change, energy, and sustainability are starting to become all ‘the rage’.
Why study online through Open Universities Australia?
Find the right course for you
Explore and choose from thousands of degrees, subjects and short courses from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of academic history
We offer entry without requirements through single undergraduate subjects from full degrees.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish your studies faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us and graduate with exactly the same qualifications as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.