How to become a policy analyst
What does policy analyst do?
Policy analysts analyse policies and their effects to direct government and organisation programs and operations. They offer strategic policy and planning advice for organisations and should have excellent analytical abilities and an understanding of organisational policies and objectives.
Duties and tasks
- Analyse anticipated impact and financial circumstances, effect on other programs and political and administrative achievability of policies.
- Evaluate existing policies and legislation to ascertain inconsistencies and out-dated requirements.
- Implement and oversee research and analysis projects to evaluate socio-economic and commercial trends with organisations expectations of programs and services.
- Prepare analyses of policy options for organisations as well as recommendations for policy development and modifications.
- Serve as a reference and expert in the field on policy, program and legislative matters, working with government officials and stakeholders.
- Work with other Managers and Board Members to outline goals and objectives and develop strategic policies to meet those objectives.
- Education officer
- Foreign affairs and trade officer
- Policy advisor
- Policy and planning manager
- Project and program administrator
- Research officer
- Research and development manager
- Resource economist
- University lecturer
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Evaluating Social Policy
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.