Explore the relationship between our bodies and the food that fuels us.
When it comes to the human body, there's still a vast amount of territory that remains unexplored. There are countless questions that exist around the food we eat, and how it correlates to the health problems we exhibit.
Take the opportunity to study nutrition and make an impact on the industry, particularly in this digital age, where misinformation flows freely through such means as social media. An online nutrition course will give you the tools you need to embark upon a meaningful career, that not only improves lives, but saves them.
Anna – studied Food and Nutrition through La Trobe University
What does a nutrition degree cover?
Subjects vary between courses, but areas you may delve into include:
- Food chemistry
- Biology and biochemistry
- Human physiology and anatomy
- Research and interpretation of health data
- Food safety and security
- Disease origin, infection and control
- Psychology and social influence behind food consumption
- Health promotion and community nutrition
- Impact of exercise and diet in combination
Jobs in nutrition
Many industries can benefit from the knowledge of a food nutrition professional, so opportunities may prove to be broad-reaching.
In general, nutrition graduates end up in areas including:
- Clinical nutrition and dietetics - Give nutrition advice to individuals and communities, design nutrition programs to combat specific health problems.
- Food regulation - Form and review food policies and regulation, including quality assurance, and community health programs.
- Food manufacturing - Ensure food safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Nutrition education - Promote awareness and understanding of nutrition, through government, schools and general media.
- Health promotion – Promote good health practices in general, including nutrition.
- Research – Work in laboratories and research institutes to help advance nutrition knowledge.
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 350+ degrees, and 1,800+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
A better world, one meal at a timeAnna's Bachelor will qualify her to become a nutritionist, but she plans to take it further into study of dietetics.
Christina’s Story – A Food and Nutrition Degree from La Trobe UniversityChristina’s found a passion for food and nutrition studies.
Feeding our children healthy habitsHelp children and the wider community to make healthier food choices.
Meet the nutritionistZana—a real-life nutritionist—talks about her career in health and nutrition.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.