Why study communications online?Engage with media and society. Interrogate the ways that companies engage with their customers. Understand how the digital age has shaped the way that we communicate.
Get set for work in PR, journalism, advertising, marketing, sales, planning, internal or external communications, or media.
Studying online means that you can add communications expertise to your existing career.
- Understand how modern media evolved.
- Engage with emerging technologies.
- Explore different media forms to find your perfect career match.
- Create a client-specific communications plan.
- Gather and analyse audience data.
- See how to create and distribute content to diverse audiences.
Study a degree in communications
Bachelor of Communication
- Major in Journalism
- Major in Public Relations
- Major in Business Communication
- Major in Creative Writing
- Major in Screen Studies
Study single communications subjects
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital Design and Internet Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art and Internet Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications and Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications and Visual Culture)
- Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) in Games Design and Development
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education)
Communications student stories
Brooke's storyBig degree, small town.
Freelance writingWhat you need to get started.
Laura's storyStudy remotely, live where you want.
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 290+ degrees, and 1,570+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.