Students come from all over, with lifestyles in all shapes and forms – so why shouldn’t their education? We’re dedicated to providing flexible, accessible education to all, and this extends beyond bachelor degrees to postgraduate qualifications too. For the ultimate flexibility in postgraduate study, single subjects offer an ideal way to ease back into uni, without the fear of being locked-in to a full degree.
Postgraduate subjects are standalone units that are part of a degree, but don’t require you to study and complete the whole degree. You can simply apply to study a single subject that’s of interest to you, and not have to dedicate the time or money to completing the full postgraduate qualification. Postgrad single subjects are ideal for acquiring a new skill, getting familiar with changes in your industry, or to satisfy an interest.
The subjects available through OUA are delivered online from leading universities, and with over 400 to choose from across an impressive variety of study areas, you’re bound to find one (or more) to suit your needs. Postgraduate level study provides a more in-depth level of knowledge, and gives you a competitive advantage when it comes to employment. Additionally, if you decide you want a full postgraduate qualification, you can receive a credit transfer for your subject(s), so you’ve already made a start.
Study postgraduate single subjects to:
• Update your skills without committing to a full degree
• Use the subjects as professional development, either independently or perhaps through your company
• Access FEE-HELP if you’re eligible, so there’s no need to pay upfront
• Obtain a transcript of results as proof of competency
• Potentially receive a credit transfer into a Graduate Certificate course
A taste of what’s on offer
• Design Thinking for Business with RMIT
• Criminological Theories with Griffith
• Doing Social Survey Research with Macquarie
• Foundations of Educational Research with Curtin
• Energy Economics with Murdoch
• Engineering Research Practice with University of South Australia
How to get started
We make it simple. You’ll only need to apply once through OUA’s standard enrolment process for postgraduate study. Once you’re deemed eligible, you’re free to enrol in as many subjects as you like. To be eligible, you’ll need to meet the criteria, which in most cases is a Bachelor degree (Australian or International) and English language competency.
So if you’re looking to add some high-level knowledge to your arsenal without the commitment, take a look at the postgraduate single subjects on offer. It’s never too late to learn something new – you may be surprised by where it leads you.