Master of Health Leadership
Develop a critical understanding of health leadership through research
Become a confident and authoritative health leader. Master core health leadership principals and pursue your interests through specialist electives. In your final year, solidify your studies and work experience with a professional practice project.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 10 Jul 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Effectively apply management and leadership theories underpinning work practice within the health context.
- Analyse contemporary issues within health professional leadership and their significant influence on management and leadership practice.
- Interpret governance and risk as applied to the work context in consideration of management and leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Employ critical reflection to encourage on-going learning to maintain and improve professional knowledge and skills.
- Utilise a critical thinking approach to solve ethical dilemmas in the culturally and socially diverse healthcare environment.
- Communicate and negotiate with influence to achieve optimum outcomes.
- Apply accomplished communication skills to the dissemination of project findings.
- Use evidence-based research in preparation of professional analysis and advice.
Students may apply based on
- As a minimum qualification, a recognised Bachelor degree in a health profession
Work and Life
Students may apply based on
- Evidence of specific professional and/or industry experience in health.
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
The Master of Health Leadership comprises a comprehensive overview of the core principles of management and leadership within the complex health arena, in which consumers and their significant others play a central role. Students complete three foundational courses focused on leadership theory, systems-focused thinking and ethics for professional life, with a further three self-selected specialist courses, and a health leadership research study.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students must complete 10 subjects from the following recommended study pattern
Complete eight (8) core subjects
- MEDI5013 Contemporary Healthcare Leadership A
- MEDI5014 Contemporary Healthcare Leadership B
- MEDI5015 Systems-focused Thinking in Healthcare A
- MEDI5016 Systems-focused Thinking in Healthcare B
- PHIL6020 Ethical Issues in Professional Life
- MEDI5000 Research Methods
- MEDI6008 Professional Practice Project A
- MEDI6009 Professional Practice Project B
Complete two (2) subjects from the following elective choices
- MEDI5110 Contemporary Issues in Health Professional Education and Leadership
- MEDI5123 Reasoning and Clinical Innovation
- MEDI5124 Coaching and Supervision in Health
- MEDI5121 Learning and Facilitation in Health Professional Education
To be eligible for the award of Master of Health Leadership students must complete 10 subjects as outlined in the recommended study pattern
Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership
Graduate Diploma of Health Leadership
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.