Master of Business Administration (Innovation and Leadership)
An innovative online MBA that delivers real career impact
A comprehensive business leadership qualification. Build your skills and knowledge in decision making, strategy, and culture. Work towards practical outcomes. Test your learning in industry projects—you’ll solve real problems for real organisations.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
What you'll learn
Our mission is to bridge the gap between education and industry by delivering an achievable MBA with real career impact.
- Critically reflect and evaluate ethical leadership practice and frameworks that represent sustainable business practice.
- Critically analyse and evaluate a range of data to support complex decision making.
- Plan and implement project management strategies to support organisational practices based on environmental factors and trends.
- Articulate innovative and entrepreneurial solutions to establish strategic frameworks that will support organisational vision.
- Communicate organisational vision to lead effective change management practices encompassing diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving techniques underpinned by theoretical frameworks to support organisational outcomes.
- Broaden industry portfolio by working with multiple organisations between three industry projects, designed in a learn, manage, lead format.
As an MBA graduate, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to drive exciting and strategic organisational change, career progression in a variety of industries and environments, including established brands or start-ups. Potential career paths include:
- C-Suite Manager
- Account Executive
- Business Consultant
- General Manager
- Finance Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Sales Director
- Project Manager
- Business Development Manager
With flexible entry options, we can help you achieve your study goals at any stage of your career. Entry requirements for this program are:
- Bachelor degree in a Business related field; or
- Bachelor degree plus 3+ years professional management experience; or
- 7+ years professional management experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Credit for previous study or work
Torrens University offers pathway opportunities to further your learning. If you have already completed a qualification you may be able to credit this against a degree with Torrens University, even if it’s from another institution. This is called Recognition of Prior Learning. Under Torrens University's Recognition of Prior Learning policy, you may be eligible for a reduction in tuition costs if you have previous study and/or work experience. Discuss your prior learning with our Enrolment Advisors. Use your management experience as an entry point.
Rated ‘Australia’s most innovative online MBA’ by The Australian Financial Review. Delivered in partnership with support from Ducere Global Business School, you'll gain insights to exclusive Global Leaders, gain broader industry exposure with 3 Applied Industry Projects, and receive additional support from a Graduate Coach. This degree is tailored for your career and busy schedule, work on one unit (plus an industry project) at a time. No exams.
Graduate with a Torrens University degree, enriched by the extra support from Ducere Global Business School. Added benefits of the partnership provide students with exclusive insights to 250+ Global Leaders (including learnings from Prime Ministers, Fortune-500 CEOs, and more), gain broader industry exposure with 3 Applied Industry Projects, 100% application-based learning model with NO exams, and receive additional support as you need from a dedicated Graduate Coach. Apply your learnings to your workplace, by using your own company as case-studies in projects to drive solutions with immediate career impact.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
Our 12 MBA course subjects are:
- Ethics and Decision-Making
- People and Culture Management
- Finance for Managers
- Industry Project 1 - Learner
- Marketing and Communications
- Business Strategy
- Project Management and Digital Operations
- Industry Project 2 - Manager
- Leadership in Practice
- Big Data for Managers
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Industry Project 3 - Leader
Students are required to complete 12 core subjects to be eligible for the Master of Business Administration (Innovation and Leadership).
Need to take a break? Get your hard work recognised with formal qualification early exit options. Return to study at any time.
- Exit after 3 subjects + 1 Industry Project with a Graduate Certificate
- Exit after 6 subjects + 2 Industry Projects with a Graduate Diploma