Graduate Diploma of Education (Leadership & Innovation)
A course for aspiring education leaders
Expand your professional practice. This course offers an overview of the contemporary educator’s skillset. You’ll explore technology and build research skills. Gain confidence tackling educational challenges and making changes.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
What you'll learn
As one of Australia’s fastest-growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready.
During this course you will:
- Evaluate evidence-based best practice to drive project-based educational transformation.
- Apply innovative solutions to complex educational opportunities and challenges.
- Interpret technology initiatives to improve local and global educational practice.
- Model inclusive leadership to impact change in a professional learning context.
- Demonstrate mastery of the person-centred approach in a diverse range of education contexts.
- Use specialised knowledge and skills to design and evaluate inclusive learning environments.
- Analyse diverse sources of data to inform and assess stakeholders' learning across diverse educational contexts.
You will be prepared for advanced career options within the education profession, in leadership and management, lead teacher, education policy and consultancy, or academia roles. You will have career opportunities within governmental education departments and local and global non-governmental education organisations.
Potential career paths
- Education Lead
- Teacher Aide
- Policy Development
- Education Services
- Community Development Project Officer
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change.
Entry requirements for this course include:
- AQF Level 7 (Bachelor degree) or above from an Australia University ;OR
- An equivalent overseas higher education qualification ;OR
- Combination of formal (below AQF7) or non-formal qualifications and three yeas of relevant professional experience includes those who are currently working in education-related fields and teachers holding alternative qualifications.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Credit for previous study or work
Torrens University offers pathway opportunities to further your learning. Torrens University offers pathway opportunities to further your learning.
If you have already completed a qualification you may be able to credit this against a degree with Torrens University, even if it’s from another institution. This is called Recognition of Prior Learning.
Under Torrens University's Recognition of Prior Learning policy, you may be eligible for a reduction in tuition costs if you have previous study and/or work experience.
Our Future Student Advisors will happily walk you through the application process.
The Graduate Diploma of Education (Leadership and Innovation) provides the opportunity for existing teachers, education practitioners or other professionals to upskill, enhance research ability and develop proficiency in specific areas of education theory and practice.
This course includes a solid foundation in the research of inclusion, leadership and social justice, empowering you to enact change in program, policy and project design.
Through a leadership lens this course provides advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in identifying issues and opportunities in education. Student will engage in designing methods of responding to issues through practice, and understand the role of technology in contemporary learning settings. Whilst exploring a range of contemporary innovations and focusing on analysing and critiquing existing innovating approaches.
Course duration: 1 Year full time, 2 Years part-time
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Graduate Diploma in Education (Leadership and Innovation) course structure is comprised of 8 subjects (160 credit points). The course of study consists of 8 core and 0 elective subjects at 10 credit points each.
To graduate with this qualification, a student must satisfactorily complete 8 core subjects (10 credit points each) for a combined course total of 80 credit points.