Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
Boost your business career
Build up your business knowledge foundation. Graduate with a postgraduate business qualification or continue your study journey towards an MBA. Study core business subjects including financial management and leadership with the option to specialise.
Flinders University is a globally-focused, locally-engaged institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching, learning and research. We offer world‐class education that develops the critical and creative thinking skills to support a student’s success. Our courses offered through OUA span business, education and law. They are designed with flexibility in mind, while delivering the advanced qualifications to take careers to the next step.
Graduates will be able to:
- explain how decision making and the management of organisations is aided by knowledge of theory and practice in a range of business sub-disciplines;
- analyse organisations and apply contemporary management practices compatible with organisational, social and environmental sustainability;
- present theoretical concepts and complex ideas in both written and verbal formats appropriate for management audiences.
Graduates are suitable for careers in business, international marketing, banking and finance, management consulting, negotiations and planning.
Applicants must normally:
- hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification and have a minimum of three years' full-time equivalent post-degree work experience by the commencement date of the course, or;
- hold a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from Flinders University or equivalent qualification and have either a minimum of seven years' full-time equivalent pre-certificate work experience or three years' full-time equivalent post-certificate work experience by the commencement date of the course.
Applicants who meet the academic and/or work experience requirements must take part in an interview.
Credit transfer may be granted, on application, for prior study completed in a relevant honours, graduate certificate, graduate diploma or master degree; accredited professional development; or relevant work experience.
Applications for credit transfer are assessed on a case by case basis according to Flinders University policies. Students must be made an offer for entry into a degree before lodging their completed credit transfer application, along with all necessary documentation for formal assessment. More information is available at www.flinders.edu.au/credit
This course is designed to provide a strong foundation in business knowledge together with opportunity for some specialisation. Management and business oriented topics ensure a thorough understanding of important fundamental management competencies.
It is 8 months in length on a full-time basis and can also be undertaken part-time.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students are required to undertake study eight subjects chosen from a range of subjects aimed at providing students with a sound understanding and appreciation of the context in which organisations operate including the impact of global economic, social, environmental and ethical and business conditions and practices.
As a guide, full-time students generally undertake two subjects per study period and part-time students undertake one subject per study period.
To complete the requirements of the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, students must successfully complete eight subjects chosen from a range of subjects.
Applications are submitted directly to Flinders University through its online application system.