Graduate Certificate of Digital Finance
Get across fintech innovations like blockchain and crypto
A cutting-edge finance course co-designed with industry partners. Unpack the latest in finance and technological innovation. Get ready to solve financial problems using digital finance tools and techniques. Break into the fintech industry.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 11 Jun 23
- 09 Jul 23
- 09 Jul 23
- 03 Sep 23
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 44,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about Macquarie.
Explore Macquarie courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Upon the completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply specialised technical skills required to evaluate the theories, concepts, models and recent developments in finance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of data science and its application to financial decision-making, business problem solution, and opportunity identification.
- Analyse the challenges and ethical issues in contemporary digital finance, using finance skills and knowledge and professional judgement.
- Communicate effectively with specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Business consultant
- Business development manager
- Business or venture analyst
- CEO or general manager
- Compliance officer
- Finance manager
- Financial adviser or analyst
- Industry specialist manager
- Marketing manager
- Operations manager
- Product manager
- Risk management specialist
- Sales manager
AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent and three years relevant approved work experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
The required standard of English for this degree is:
- Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent.
- All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- For more information on accepted equivalents, please see English Language Requirements.
This course is not eligible for recognition of prior learning.
Finance plays a key role in the growth and development of societies and economies. The marriage of finance and technological innovation – known as FinTech – considerably strengthens this role. Currently a $4 billion industry, Australia has one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic fintech industries.
The Graduate Certificate of Digital Finance has been co-designed with industry partners to ensure finance executives are able to anticipate and benefit from fintech innovations including blockchain and cybersecurity. It will equip you with skills and knowledge to solve financial problems using digital finance tools and techniques. You’ll apply skills and knowledge in digital finance to financial decision-making, risk management, problem-solving and opportunity identification. These capabilities will help to future-proof your employability in growing areas of demand in a digital economy.
- Develop skills in a growing area of demand - Gain the knowledge and skills to solve business financial problems using emerging technology.
- Undertake a certificate taught by fintech experts - Learn from qualified and experienced lecturers who have solid industry experience and base their teaching on the latest research.
- Analyse contemporary digital finance challenges - Learn how to apply your finance capabilities and professional judgement to digital finance challenges and ethical issues.
- Position yourself for advanced postgraduate study - Undertake this course as a pathway to the Master of Business Administration or the Master of Applied Finance.
Recommended Study Pattern
You will study the following subjects:
- FinTech and Innovation
- Finance for Managers
- Payments, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain
- Data and Business Analytics
The order in which you study subjects may depend upon when you commence your degree and the pace of your study
This postgraduate coursework degree requires completion of four subjects.