Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 06 Feb 22
- 10 Jul 22
The University of Notre Dame Australia is committed to delivering an excellent student experience, alongside a high standard of teaching, research, and training. As a leader in ethical education, Notre Dame aims to develop students’ critical reasoning and their ability to make ethical decisions—crucial skills to progressing their careers and leading purposeful lives. At Notre Dame, students navigate their future with an ethical education online.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this program students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Integrate knowledge of leadership styles, team dynamics and work-life balance to build capability and responsiveness in the healthcare team.
- Cultivate productive working relationships by guiding, mentoring and developing staff.
- Communicate with influence and negotiate persuasively by listening, understanding and adapting to the audience
- Make decisions, manage conflict and collaborate effectively as a frontline nurse leader.
- Critically appraise theories of change management and continuous improvement to build organisational capability and responsiveness in the delivery of high quality healthcare.
- Critique theories of power and their application to healthcare settings.
- Research the impact of health policy on healthcare outcomes in the national and international arena.
- Reflect on practice to facilitate awareness and knowledge of one’s own cognition in order to apply and build professional expertise establishing a mechanism for lifelong learning.
After successfully completing the program, if you want to further upgrade your qualifications you can enrol in a Graduate Diploma of Nursing followed by a Master of Nursing (Leadership and Management). You are welcome to apply if you are a Registered Nurse with a nursing degree or, have appropriate experience in a relevant area of discipline.
The Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership & Management is not ANMAC accredited. University of Notre Dame PG Graduates are industry recognised through specific salary structures.
To be eligible for admission to The University of Notre Dame Australia, all applicants must meet the University’s minimum requirements for admission. The requirements for admission are detailed in the University’s Policy: Admissions.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management applicants must also meet the following specific requirements.
- The program will be available to students who have a previous Nursing degree or equivalent;
- The student must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery board of Australia; 5
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
The Leadership & Management program places an emphasis upon the individual as an adult learner and will value the knowledge and experience of students as they engage with the teacher and with others in the learning environment. The ethical foundation of the postgraduate student’s personal and professional life should help foster close relationships between staff, industry and community. In keeping with Notre Dame’s philosophy, this program focuses on the development of the whole person with an emphasis on professional preparation and career advancement. The program is strongly career focused as it responds to leadership and management concerns faced on a day-to-day basis in the context of nursing and health.
Recommended Study Pattern
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management students must complete a minimum of 100 Units of Credit chosen from the following subjects:
- NURS4021 Applied Nursing Management Strategies
- NURS4023 Patient Care, Quality and Best Practice in Nursing
- NURS5006 Professional Role Development
- NURS5021 Management
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management students must complete a minimum of 100 Units of Credit chosen from the courses listed in Recommended Study Pattern comprising:
- 100 Units of Credit from four (4) compulsory Course
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.