Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Health Psychology
For health professionals interested in the growing area of health psychology
Boost your health qualification with psychological theory. Learn to apply psychology within clinical settings for better patient outcomes. Explore health behaviours and connections with quality of life. Help people cope with stress and illness.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this degree students will be able to:
- apply psychological theory and knowledge to evidence-informed practice in health psychology settings
- generate effective approaches through critical analysis, reflective practice and professional reasoning
- critically appraise and evaluate information to inform best practice
- effectively communicate relevant knowledge to a range of professionals
- summarise core topics in health psychology and how they apply within real world settings
- demonstrate ability for self-directed learning and reflective practice
- illustrate the limitations of and challenges to the application of psychology within health settings
- apply psychological knowledge to specific problems and challenges within relevant health psychology settings.
Applicants generally require a Bachelor Degree or equivalent credit gained for recognised learning. Any specific course entry and completion requirements must also be met.
Work and Life
Applicants without an undergraduate degree will be considered on the basis of significant work experience (at least eight years) at a recognisable level of responsibility.
If you are applying based on work experience you will need to meet the English Proficiency requirements.
English Proficiency Requirements
If your education degrees were not solely in English, as per the International Handbook of Universities or the World Higher Education database, or you are applying based on work experience you will need to meet the English Proficiency requirements. Admission requires an overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) (or equivalent test) score of at least 6.5 and competence in all test components (IELTS score of 6.0).
Please refer to the 'Minimum English Entry Requirements' document at: https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/.
Applicants are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards; details are provided at: https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/accepted-english-proficiency-tests/
*** Please Note: If any academic or legal document is not in English, you must provide a colour scan of the non-English documents, including a colour scan of the official English translations of these documents. This is for comparison purposes. ***
Applications for credit towards a course are assessed on an individual basis. Credit reduces the amount of learning required to complete the course and may be granted for formal education qualifications, non-formal learning from non-award programs of study and informal learning through work experiences. Further information can be found at https://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/credit-transfer/
This degree is designed for those employed in health fields who wish to broaden their knowledge in Psychology.
To obtain the award for the Graduate Certificate in Health Psychology, students must complete the following 4 subjects (100 credits):
- PSB570 Contemporary Health Psychology (25 credits)
- PSB580 Effective Interventions in Health Psychology (25 credits)
- PSB590 Advancements in Health Psychology (25 credits)
- PSB600 Psychology of Health and Chronic Illness (25 credits)
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.