Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education
Realise your dreams as a facilitator of health
Learn specific theories of teaching for leading the way in wellbeing. Develop skills to lead workplaces towards betterment. Get hands-on with health professionals to learn collaborative approaches.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 07 Nov 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education, graduates should be able to:
- Describe learning and teaching perspectives, knowledge and skills required for health educators to provide quality learning and teaching opportunities that meets the needs of contemporary health professional education
- Apply specialist best-practice knowledge and skills to develop, implement, evaluate and communicate educational strategies that address, respond to, and align with educational priorities, approaches and technologies within the workplace
Integrate the principles and perspectives of contemporary theories of workplace learning, to develop and implement culturally safe and inclusive curriculum design and assessment practices.
Graduates may seek employment or opportunities for career progression in government or private health care and education facilities in education, healthcare simulation education and health education promotion.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education, an applicant must have completed either a Bachelor degree in a health discipline or equivalent and have completed at least one year of clinical or work experience prior to admission.
Work and Life
An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
In addition to a bachelor degree (or higher) in health discipline or equivalent
- To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education, an applicant must have completed at least one year of clinical or work experience prior to admission.
English Proficiency Requirements
Students must meet English Language requirements as follows:
- IELTS: Overall score 6.5, Individual score of 6.0 in all test
- PTE: 58 with a minimum of 50 in all four communicative skills
- TOEFL: Internet based total of 79, minimum 21 in writing, 18 in speaking, 13 in reading and 12 in listening
- ACU English Language Test: B (65-74%)
- CAE: Overall CAE of 176, Minimum individual score of 169 in all tests.
ACU will consider requests for advanced standing based on prior studies to a maximum equivalence of 2 subjects (or 20cp).
For further information see https://www.acu.edu.au/study-at-acu/credit-and-prior-learning.
The Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education is to empower students to become capable and responsive educators of health professionals. Students will be supported in the learning of foundational theories, models and perspectives of learning and teaching with an emphasis on learning and practice development in workplaces. Students will explore the importance of constructive alignment in curriculum development, assessment strategies and evaluation of programs. The focus of this degree will be to advance evidence-based learning and teaching activities and programs, coordinate collaboration among the health professions, and provide high quality learning experiences with the overall intention of enhancing safe and quality patient care.
This degree is designed for health care professionals seeking a pathway into health professional education.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students are required to follow the pattern of subject enrolment set out in the relevant Course Enrolment Guide, unless otherwise approved by the Course Coordinator. In all aspects of progress through the course, students will be advised by the Course Coordinator.
To qualify for the degree, a student must complete 4 subjects from the Schedule of Unit Offerings, consisting of 4 Health Professional Education subjects.
Heath Professional Education Subjects:
- Theoretical Foundations of Health Professional Education
- Facilitating Learning in Health Professional Settings
- Curriculum Design, Assessment and Evaluation in Health Professional Education
- Quality and Safety in Health Care
To qualify for the degree, a student must complete 4 subjects from the Schedule of Unit Offerings, consisting of 4 Health Professional Education subjects
Submission of Application to Course Complete form to ACU
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.